Post bone of public events and swine flue hot line
With the underlying principle of preventing any potential transmission of Swine Flu in the country of Belize, the Ministry of Health through the Director of Health Services, in accordance with Section 83 of the Public Health Act, has issued a directive to postpone all major public gatherings until further notice.
The following events are postponed:
* The Annual General Meeting of the Holy Redeemer Credit Union Belize City
* Morgan Heritage Musical Concert, Belize City
* The University of Belize Fund raising Event – Spring Fling 2009, Belmopan
* National Agriculture and Trade Show, Belmopan
* Cashew Fest, Crooked Tree
* Hermanos Ponce Circus, Belize City
The Ministry of Health has established a Hot Line for the public from 8:00 am – 8:00 pm. the number is 629-5604 and will be handled by Nurse Augustina Eligio, stationed at MOH HQ.